Latch / Valance-spanning / Large / Recessed /Black
- CNS-2000BK + 2007BK Catch Plate
- In Stock
- 0.66 LBS
- 4.53 (in)
- 5.00 (in)
- 0.37 (in)
- Calculated at Checkout
This latch "spans" the tongue & groove closure valance. This requires no extra cuts to the tongue & groove, or hybrid, extrusions. This simplifies the installation process and adds greater structural integrity. Top edge of recessed dish is offset to accommodate the tongue & groove, or hybrid, extrusions. The hook is spring-loaded to retract back flat against the dish when not fastened. Used in conjunction with our Hybrid Tongue & Groove Extrusions, and silicone sealant in all of your case joints and fittings, this latch makes cases as water resistant as possible.
Rivets Required For Installation: 8
Hook Length: 2.61" (66.3mm) from the offset [Call or E-mail us if your case design requires a special hook length]
Strike Plate for hook included
Six of the rivets require backing washers, or a backplate, as those rivets will install through bare wood internally. The top two rivets install through the aluminum tongue & groove, or hybrid, extrusions and therefore require no backing washers.
THIS ITEM REQUIRES A HOLE CUTOUT IN THE CASE WALL FOR INSTALLATION.
TIP FOR PROPER INSTALLATION SPACING BETWEEN LATCH HOOK AND CATCH PLATE KEEPER:
3. Make sure that your butterfly twist latch portion is in the fully open position (allowing for the hook to be at its farthest reach when you engage it)
4. Hold the catch plate keeper in place with one hand on the lid side of the closure to where you would approximate it might go.
6. Position the catch plate keeper so that the curved part of the hook is about an 1/8' beyond the edge where it will grip the catch plate keeper and hold firmly in place.
8. Mark your holes for the catch plate keeper with a sharpie - then you are ready to drill your holes and mount you catch plate keeper.
Medium To Large Cases
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED CASE DIMENSIONS:
20"(50.80cm) Wide and 15"(38.10cm) Tall
- Speaker Cabinet/Amp Combo
- LCD Monitors/TV
- Tool Hauler
ASSOCIATED COMPATIBLE PARTS:
- Backplate CNSL0747/BP
Material: 1.2mm / 0.047" Steel
May Use Air Tight Gasket:
Part # CNSL0747G
May Use Backplate:
Part # CNSL0747/BP
Custom Hook Lentgh:
Call or E-mail Us
See Product Pictures Above