DIY Road Cases™ Flagship Educational Suite
- In Stock
- 6.00 (in)
- 9.00 (in)
- 0.50 (in)
Learn Everything That You Need To Know About Building Your Own Custom Cases!
Veteran drummer & DIY Road Cases™ Creator Larry Cox takes you step-by-step through all of the required tasks for building your own factor-quality custom case. The information contained within this entire suite of information gives you all of the general case building knowledge required to set you on your path to creating your own factory-quality cases, at a fraction of the cost!
We have converted over from the antiquated physical DVD to an online version, which allows us to provide every customer immediate access to the most current up-to-date versions of our video content regardless of their purchase date. This also now allows full access to the suite for all international customers. And the suite now also comes with THREE continually up-to-date downloadable PDF's.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR VIDEOS & MANUALS:
1. Make the purchase. Once the purchase is completed you'll have access to the following downloads via your order confirmation email, as well as within your order detail within your account if you created one. Either way you will see a link entitled "Download Files".
2. Download the informational PDF from the link provided, which contains the access link for the videos.
3. Download the three supplement manuals from the links provided.
THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!
MAIN TOPICS COVERED IN THE VIDEOS & FLAGSHIP MANUAL:
- Tools & Procedures
- Cutting Case Panels
- Cutting Aluminum Extrusions
- Caster Board Assemblies
- Recessed Hardware Cutouts
- Drilling Extrusions
- Recessed Hardware Installation
- Caster Board Installation
- Multiple Assembly Procedures
- Making A Foam Cutting Table
- Foam Cutting
- Partition Design & Installation
- Miscellaneous Parts Installation
- Foam Installation
- Caster Installation
- Numerous Other Tips & Explanations
MAIN TOPICS COVERED IN THE FlexiCase™ DESIGN TOOL MANUAL:
- 4 x 8 Cut Sheet layout Graph
- Laminating ABS Plastic To Plywood
- Extrusions Calculation Work Sheet
- Corner Extrusion Cutting Options
- Hybrid Tongue & Groove Explained
- Foams Explained
- Ester Foam Cut Sheet Layout Graph
- Plank Foam Cut Sheet Layout Graph
- Convoluted Foam Cut Sheet Layout Graph
- Standard Split-dish Twist latch Cutout Detailed
- Valance-spanning Twist Latch Detailed
- Parts & Hardware Calculation Tips
- Telescoping Recessed Handles Explained
- Lite Flite Composition Panel Cut Sheet Layout Graph
- Rack-mount Cases Detailed
- Shock-mount Rack Cases Detailed
- Applying Acoustic Filter Foam To Speaker Grills
- Truck Pack Case Dimensions Explained
- Creating Decks For Mixers In Rack Cases
- Removable Front Lid Caster Board Detailed
- Rivet Length & Grip Range Explained
- Inches To Decimals Conversion Chart
- Metric to Inches Conversion Charts
- Drawer Slides
- Guitar Cases
- Edge & Corner Casters
- Extrusion Tips
- Live-in Case Tips
- Caster Board Options
BONUS MANUAL - OUR TIPS OF THE WEEK GREATEST HITS
- Contains additional help topics on a variety of topics that have come from customer questions
Cool and well made
I have been working my way thru the Educational Suite before starting my case project and I am very pleased how well the topics are presented and explained. It’s mice to have all of this info in one place and presented like a course of “Case Building for Dummies” because as a novice to medium skilled DIY’er the info is very helpful. Definitely worth the purchase price.
If you cant build a case from this DVD and manuals and their online email advice then you need to just buy your case. It's not rocket science for sure but there is a lot to think about when getting your parts list together and some cases like mine are kind of out of the norm as far as designs go. They have been a huge help so far answering questions and I have bugged the hell out of Jonathan and he has been a trooper. Thanks Jon, I'm looking forward to my case builds.
The information in the DVD is very vague and generic. The only piece of information that I had not yet found online was the small part at the end about the "U" joints used to line the tops of the partitions. Everything else is easily found in YouTube for FREE! I was hoping for information on how to go about purchasing hardware for your specific case. (ie large ball corners or black plastic corners, recessed latches or Reg. Latches.) however I believe that diycases.com is a great resource for building your own case and I will continue to do business with them but $30 for the DVD in my opinion is VERY steep. ::::::::::::::::: DIY Road Cases® Response :::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Hi Thomas, First, thank you for the kind words regarding us being a great resource, and for continuing to be a loyal customer! Unfortunately, the reality is that road case building isn't rocket science. As a matter of fact, about 50% of folks will figure out how to build a road case without any instruction. Cases are really just a box with aluminum and steel parts covering the corners and edges. So, because of that fact, a lot of what you can find for free on YouTube is the same information. There's not a lot to expand upon. So this may explain why you found the information vague. However, what folks do benefit from with our Educational Suite is not only the DVD footage that they can access without being tethered to the Internet, but the two in-depth manuals that come with the suite - information they WON'T find for free online. And I am wondering if maybe you did not see/receive your welcome email that contained the the link to those manuals, or maybe didn't bother to look through them, because they cover many additional topics, as well as how to calculate, select and purchase hardware - which you mentioned a lack thereof above regarding the DVD. Also with the purchase of the Suite, customers get free technical support for life, 7 days a week. We'll talk to you on the phone, and give you in-depth responses to your email questions. We don't provide that full service to non-customers. Out of the 7000+ copies of the Educational Suite that we have sold since 2009, 21 folks have taken the time to write a review, and 99% of them have been positive. Other than that we haven't had an complaints. Have others found it lacking and just haven't said anything? Maybe so, but my experience in business is that folks love to complain when they feel that they didn't get their money's worth. Other than that, I can live with the "you can't please all of the people all of the time". It's just the way it is. If you have any questions about your projects, please let us know. Best wishes, Jonathan Beacon Director of Sales & Merchandising DIY Road Cases®
Excellent product, well explained, great information.
A good reference for those beginning to build cases and good in depth information on the video , great illustrations and working examples.
I really liked the information in the video. The video mentioned the book or manual that comes with the video. I did not receive that book. ::::::::::::::::::::: DIY Road Cases® Response ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: You were emailed an order confirmation that contained a link to those manuals at the time of your order. I am sorry that you missed, or didn't receive, that email. I just emailed you the link again. Best wishes, Jonathan Beacon Director of Sales & Merchandising DIY Road Cases® 213-341-0026 Ext.707
Very well done with clear instructions. Nothing is left out. This will guide you through the entire process of building a case. Has many helpful tips, too.
Solid information on everything we need to know in putting together completely professional road cases. In conjunction with the website information I can't see how we can miss!!